Gothic House, 1 London Road IP19 8LH
Map No 5
This is one of the most attractive and recognisable of Halesworth’s many old buildings being 570 years old in places. In a central position next to St Mary’s Church the one hundred feet of the jettied frontage of what are now Gothic House and next door Dairy Farm form the front of the building made by Robert Norton in 1540. This joined together two older buildings built in about 1450. Over the 570 years of their existence there have been many owners and they have made many alterations. Much of the timber framing still exists and tells the story of the changes in building fashion. These will be explained during the guided tour of Gothic House and mention will be made of some of the previous owners and their occupations.
Open one day only Saturday 21st – 10.00 and 11.30
Max 10 people
Booking Essential via Cut Box Office
Nearest Parking: Market Place Car Park.
Access limited by stairs and steps
Gothic House Outside
Gothic House Stair